Wish a happy and prosperous Makar Shankranti/pongal to all of you. On this auspicious occasion(first day of sun’s transit into capricorn), I am sharing the recipe of badam chikki,to start a sweet way of the day.
- 150 gm peanuts roasted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbs butter
- Greased pan
- In a pan add the butter to melt
- Now add all the sugar
- All should be done ina low to medium flame
- Stir slowly in between to see the texture
- Don’t panic it will melt to a syrupy caramel
- Add all the roasted peanuts
- Stir in thoroughly to coat all the peanuts evenly
- Immediately spread it to a greased pan to cool down
See after 20 minutes your crisp peanut brittle/badam chikki is ready to eat.
P. S: Never try to touch hot caramel