In today’s blog,I’d like to share a evening snack recipe with you. Wisconsin is the dairyland of America,where I stay. This state is the homeland of many famous types of cheeses. I thought of trying cheese curd recipe in my own style.These are the moist pieces of cheese which you can feel as soon as you pop one into your mouth.These deep fried cheese curd recipe is very easy to make and is a good appetizer.
- 6 sticks of string cheese 🧀(I used mozzarella but you can use any cheese variety)
- I used Frigo CheeseHeads
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1/2 tbs freshly grounded black pepper
- 1/2 Italian seasoning or any seasoning or herb 🌿 of your choice
- 1 cup oil for frying
- Dice the cheese into bite size cubes
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add in the egg and the milk
- Now mix all the ingredients to make a semi thick batter
- Dip in the cheese cubes and deep fry it
Serve hot with your favorite choice of sauce
Here I used a mixture of tomato and hot sauce
You can use garlic powder and dill seasoning or you can have Cajun spice seasoning.
It’s a must try and like always please share your comments and thoughts on this recipe.