Chicken drumsticks always inspires me to make it with different combinations at different times. This time I tried it with some cajun spice and lemon zest. It’s easy, if I can make it anyone can make it.
- 7 drumsticks skin on
- 2 1/2 tbs cajun spice
If someone don’t have cajun spice don’t worry you can make it similar to cajun spice by using oregano, garlic powder,black pepper,paprika, salt, onion powder,chilli flakes. Mix them in 1:1 proportion and keep ina airtight jar for future use.
- 2 tbs yoghurt ( I used plain Greek one)
- 2 tbs green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 whole lime squeezed
- 1 whole lime zest
- 2 tbs ginger and garlic paste (please try to make it fresh because readymade ones don’t give such flavor)
- 3 tbs mustard oil
- Butter for basting in between
- In a bowl mix the yoghurt, lime juice,salt, ginger garlic paste,cajun spice,green chilli paste, oil, and lemon zest
- Score the chicken drumsticks so that the marinade can go inside
- Add all the chicken and message well with hand
- Try to marinate for at least 2 hours
- For best result marinate overnight
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Foil the tray before placing the chicken drumsticks
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes on one side
- Now flip the chicken l, bast it with melted butter and remaining marinade
- Again bake it for 25 minutes
- Now broil the chicken at high temperature for 2 1/2 minutes for each side,that makes 5 minutes of broiling
Enjoy this lovely finger licking chicken.
Share this recipe and comment me in the comment box below.