Dhokla is a vegetarian dish which is popular in Gujarat, India. You can have it in breakfast, as a main course, snack or side dish.
With a this following recipe you can make soft and spongy Dhokla in 5 minutes.
Time: 5 mins (excluding preparation time)
- 1 cup gram flour
- 2 tbs rawa/sooji/samolina
- 1 whole lime juice
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 fruit salt pouch
- 1tbs mustard seeds
- 4-5 whole green chillie
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/4 tbs salt
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs mustard oil
You can use curry leaves for tempering also.
- Take a bowl add all the ingredients except the fruit salt
- Beat the batter well (please don’t skip any step)
- Rest the batter for 1 hour
- Now add the fruit salt
- Pour it in a baking dish
- After adding the fruit salt you have to immediately put the mixture in the microwave
- Set timer for 5 minutes at high power
- Allow this spongy Dhokla/the savoury gram flour cake to cool down
- Now cut it into pieces but allow it to remain in the baking dish
- In between we will prepare the tempering
- In a pan add the mustard oil
- Add the mustard seeds when it splatters add the sugar, salt and water
- Heat it for 1-2 minutes
- Now pour the splattering mixture on the Dhokla/savoury gram flour cake
Enjoy this snack and share this recipe and do share your valuable suggestions in the comment box below.