Chicken curry is a one of the traditional dish of Indian sub continent served with rice, chapati, paratha. There are different flavours of chicken curry-butter chicken, chettinad,kadai and not to forget about the famous Dhania chicken ( coriander chicken) and many more.We always try to explore different flavours of chicken curry like Jeera Chicken( cumin chicken).
One day I was bit busy taking care of some household works and kids and didn’t got time to cook. To be helpful my husband took care of cooking department that day. He said he was going to cook chicken curry and rice for lunch.
To utter surprise when I first took a spoonful of rice and chicken curry I was blown away with a beautiful flavor of cumin coming out of the chicken.
After having that curry I couldn’t stop myself from sharing this tasty recipe with all my readers.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 1/2 lb curry cut chicken
- 3 tbs yoghurt
- 2 whole red chillies
- 1+1 tbs turmeric powder
- 1+1 tbs red chilli powder
- 3 medium sized potatoes diced
- 2 tbs whole cumin
- 2 1/2 tbs cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tbs coriander powder
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2+2 tbs ginger and garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs green chilli paste
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 large tomato roughly chopped
- 4tbs mustard oil
- In a bowl marinate the chicken with yoghurt, 1 tbs turmeric, 1 tbs red chilli powder, 2 tbs ginger garlic paste
- Rest it for 2 hours
- In a pan add the mustard oil
- Add the whole cumin
- Fry the potatoes and keep aside
- Add the onion and fry them well
- Fry well and add the remaining ginger garlic paste to it
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the remaining spices and cook them until the oil is separated
- Now add the marinated chicken to it
- Cover it and cook for 10 minutes at aemi high flame
- Now stir it and again cover it and simmer for more 10 minutes
- Now add the potatoes and the coconut milk
- Cover it and simmer for more 15 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes r cooked
We’ve added step by step clips to make it more helpful to you all👇
Serve it hot with flat bread and steamed rice.
Share this recipe and comment me in the box below.
Your comments always encourage us😊