Kheer/khoya( sweetened, reduced milk) is very famous in Indian sub continent. You will definitely like it if you are a sweet tooth. It is mainly used for stuffing and adding into rice puddings.
Time: 90 minutes
Ingredients for Kheer (sweetened reduced milk) :
- 1.5 litre full fat milk
- 60 gm sugar
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- Most important ingredient patience😁😁😁
Procedure for Kheer ( sweetened reduced milk) :
- Add the milk in a heavy bottom pan
- When the first boil comes add the sugar
- Whenever you see boil is coming dab it with a laddle and push all the cream sideways
- You can see that the milk is reducing and changing its color to a brownish shade
- Don’t forget to scrape the sides
- Continue this for almost 90 minutes or until you see that the reduced milk has started leaving the bottom of the pan
- In this time make a slurry of water and flour and add to it
- It will thicken more and coagulate to solid ball of sweet which in India we call Khoya or Maowa
We’ve added a step by step video to make it more useful👇
You can use it for stuffing some crepes( patishapta) or you can have it “just like that” also.
Share this recipe and don’t forget to comment me in the comment box below
Your comments always encourages us.
- Please stick to use full fat milk
- Just check on that the bottom doesn’t burn or you will end up with a burnt Kheer/Khoya
- Keep on scraping from the sides