Luchi or puffed bread is a unleavened deep fried bread which is famous in Indian Subcontinent. It can be made with all purpose flour or you can make it with wheat flour.
It is generally served in breakfast and widely made during the festivals, ceremonies. It is also made during Pujas(ceremonial rituals) and made offerings to god.
It has a crunchy puffy top and a soft bread base.
- 200 gms of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 tbs oil
- Warm water to knead
- Oil to deep fry
- In the flour add the dry ingredients
- Knead flour with oil and warm water
- Knead until everything comes together
- Cover it with moist cloth
- Keep aside for 10-15 mjnutes
- Divide the dough into walnut size balls
- Roll them flat and thin
- Deep fry them until puffy
Serve them hot with spiced potatoes
Here is the link for spiced potatoes👇
Enjoy this recipe with your friends and family and don’t forget to comment in the comment box below