Sandesg or Sondesh is a delicious Bengali sweet popular all over India and abroad.
It is a melt- in-mouth recipe, with sweetness and flavor.
However, you can prepare this dish as per your taste preference and we bet in whichever way you prepare this Sandesh, it is bound to woo you with its amazing taste.
The next time when you have guests dropping by and you want to treat them with something delicious yet simple, then this the perfect thing to go for. It is such a simple dish with so less effort to make. No special skill is needed for making this. Moreover, if We can make it you too can.
So next time you have guest coming over to celebrate a special festival or occasion treat them with this homemade Sandesh/Sondesh and enjoy the appreciation you deserve!
- 600ml milk
- 2 tbs beaten yoghurt
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 drops red food color
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Bring to boil 600 ml milk
- Add the beaten yoghurt
- You can see the milk is curdling to cheese ( Chhena/paneer)
- Now drain the excess water from the cheese (chhena)
- You should make sure there is no water left
- Now knead the cottage cheese with your palm
- Knead until it forms a soft dough
- Take a pan and heat it
- Now take cottage cheese dough and add to the pan
- Move it with laddle and now add the sugar
- You will see the cheese is leaving water and again curdling
- But at this time keep your flame to the lowest
- Keep on moving the laddle until it again forms the dough
- Now take it out in a bowl
- But don’t allow it to cool down fully
- Take small balls out of it and shape them the way you like it
- We’ve e added some red food color to add a pink tinge
Enjoy this as dessert or you can have “just like that”
You can add some nuts if you want.
Share this recipe and don’t forget to comment in the comment box below