Butter naan is a leavened bread hugely popular in India. You can see always different kinds of naan in the menus of Indian restaurants, but I made a simple butter naan this time. I’ll will share some more tempting flavors next time.
You can make it with baking soda and baking powder also but this version is with yeast. So I’ll recommend to use a good quality yeast for this recipe.
You can bake it in a conventional oven, here I will go with plain and simple fry pan which bit convenient and easy . Please feel free to share other full proof technique that tried with😊.
- 200 gm all purpose flour
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tbs olive oil ( or any vegetable oil)
- 3 tbs butter (melted)
- In a cup of warm water add the yeast
- Add sugar
- Cover and give 5 minutes to bloom
- Now add it to the all purpose flour
- Knead it well and now drizzle some olive oil from top and cover
- Allow it to proof
- After 1 hour again take it out, knuckle the air out and knead it and add some more olive oil and allow for second proofing
- Now take it out and knead the air out
- Dust some flour from top and rub some flour between your palms
- Now make small balls out of it
- Roll out in a oval shape
- Now take a heated pan
- Bake your naan
- You can see the texture is rising at this point flip it lightly
- You can see some brown dots are forming
- Now take your naan out and brush it with butter
Your butter naan is ready to serve
We’ve added a step by step video
Enjoy this recipe with friends and family.
You can have it with
Share this recipe and your comments always encourage us.