It is one of the very popular recipe from Punjabi Cuisine of India. No parties or wedding receptions menus are completed without such tempting and spicy chickpeas curry or chhole masala with paratha or nan.
It is a simple recipe and doesn’t require much effort.
It is such a recipe which you can have in breakfast or evening snack or dinner. It tastes best when served with Puffed bread or luchi or esle with Butter Naan. We’ve already shared the links below.
Type: Side dish
Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1/2 lb chick peas boiled
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 tbs ginger and garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 green chillies
- 3 tbs spice mix (coriander, cumin and turmeric)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbs whole spice (1 cinnamon stick, 3 cardamom, 3 cloves)
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- In a pan add oil
- Add the whole cumin
- Add the whole spice crushed
- Now add the onions
- Fry them well and add the ginger garlic paste
- Now add the tomatoes
- Cook them and add the spice mix
- Now cook until oil separates
- Add the boiled chickpeas
- Mix them well
- Add 1 cup warm water
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes
- Now your chhole or chickpeas curry is ready to serve
We’ve added a short step by step video to make it more helpful👇
It goes best with;
Butter Naan 👇
Luchi or Puffed bread👇
Share this recipe with your friends and family.
Your comments always encourages us😊.
The primary ingredient in this recipe is the chickpeas or chhole or kabuli chana.
- You need to soak the chickpeas overnight for at least 12 hours.
- Then comes the next part-that is boiling it in a pressure cooker.
- For that dark color use 2 teabags while you pressure cook it and also add some whole spice like cinnamon, cardamon and clove for the aroma.