Palak paneer is a vegetarian dish originating from the Indian Subcontinent, consisting of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) in a thick paste made from pureed spinach and seasoned with ginger, garlic and other spices.
Palak paneer may be called saag paneer in some restaurants in the United States and Canada.
Type : Curry
Cooking time : 35-40 minutes
Serve : 6
- 1lb or 400 gms baby spinach
- 200 gm fresh paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 2 tsp spice mix of cumin powder turmeric powder, coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- First blanch your spinach
- Then make a fine paste
- In a pan add some mustard oil
- Add the 1 tsp whole cumin
- Add the onion
- Fry them well
- Add the ginger paste cook until aroma comes
- Now add the tomatoes
- Add the spice mix and cook until oil separates
- Add the spinach paste
- Mix well and cover and cook for 15 minutes
- Uncover it and now add the fresh paneer/cottage cheese
- Add 2-3 fresh green chillies
- Again cover and cook for more 10 minutes
- Add some fresh cream and keep rest for garnishing
Your palank paneer/cottage cheese cooked in spinach puree is ready to serve.
It can also be served with onions on the side for a more traditional approach.
We’ve added a step by step video to make it more helpful
You can serve it with steamed rice or chapattis or tortillas
I’m sharing my fresh homemade cottage cheese /paneer recipe in the link below
Share this recipe with your friends and family and don’t forget to comment.