Seekh kebab is a very tasty appetiser. It is not at all tough to make and doesn’t require any extra skill to make.
Well, seekh quite literally means skewers and kabab usually means a meat patty or actually even cubes of grilled meat.However Indian Seekh Kabab are almost always made with minced meat and they get their long shape by being skewered.
While Seekh Kabab is an appetizer that’s delicious dipped in green chutney, it goes very well as a side with mains such as this Polao, Jeera Rice and Daal.
Eat as an appetizer with a green cilantro chutney as a dipping sauce, or roll it in a pita or lavaash for a hearty chicken kebab wrap. This crowd pleaser is ready in under 30 minutes!
This is a kind of dish whose name is enough to bring water in your mouth 😉
Type: Starter, appetiser
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb minced chicken (leg or thigh or both)
- 1 small onion grated
- 4 tbs gram flour (roasted)
- 3 tbs ginger, garlic and green chilli minced
- 1 tbs red chilli powder
- 1 tbs kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbs chaat masala
- 1 tbs garam masala
- In a bowl take the minced chicken
- Now add all the ingredients to it
- Mix all the ingredients
- Cover with a Cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours minimum or over night for best result
- Now take some chicken on your greased palm
- Shape it and insert a spoon from back side to give that seekh kebab look (the procedure is shown in the video)
- Now shallow fry the seekh kebabs until golden brown on all the sides
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe below👇
Your seekh kebab is ready to serve
It will taste best with some green chutney, onion salad, wedges of lime and some fried green chillies
Share this recipe with your friends and family and don’t forget to share your valuable comments with us