This is a perfect side dish for many of the main course recipes and it takes less time to cook compared to mutton as well.
The way we’ve ve made the curry you can also use it mutton, lamb or egg.
Keema Matar has been traditionally made using Mutton in our family. But use ground Chicken many times since the Hubs does not eat red meat!Its also a healthier option for those trying to cut back on red meat.This is a very easy recipe and goes well with Rice, Rotis or Naan.Since we’re using ground meat, the cooking process is fairly quick.The peas in this dish gives it a vibrant color and fresh taste.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb minced chicken
- 1 large potato diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tbs coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbs green chilli minced
- 1 tbs ginger minced
- 1 tbs garlic minced
- 1/2 cup yoghurt beaten
- 1 cup peas blanched
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala/ roasted whole spices(grounded)
- 1 cup fried onion
- In a pan add 2 tbs mustard oil
- Add the ginger garlic minced
- Add the green chilli minced
- Add the cumin, coriander powder and the red chilli powder
- Add the garam masala powder
- Now add salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients and blend them until aroma comes out
- Now add minced chicken
- Incorporate properly the chicken
- Now you can use a masher to mix all the things
- Add the fried onion and mix well
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes on a medium flame
- Now add add yoghurt spoon by spoon and put in a very low flame
- You can see slowly oil will start separating
- Add the potatoes and again cover and cook for more 15 minutes at a medium low flame
- Give it a quick stir and again cover and cook for more 10 minutes at a low flame
- Now add the chopped coriander leaves and its done
We’ve added a step by step video for the recipe below👇
You can serve it with some tortillas, rotis and parathas.
You can even use it as a stuffing for burritos
Share this recipe with your friends and family and don’t forget to share your valuable comments on this recipe with us.