I love to bake cakes of different varieties but my all time favourite is always a simple tea cake.
The best part is it tastes best when it is 1 or 2 days old. You can also use lemon or almond extract if you want to give it a fancy touch, other than vanilla.
Sometimes it looks like sugar cookies and sometimes it looks like scones,but mine is neither of those, its literally a teacake, what you want it to be.
This soft teacakes doesn’t require much introduction, so let’s jump into the recipe……
Type: Cake, snack
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35minutes
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 100 gm of melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 360F
- Whisk the sugar and egg together until creamy
- Add 1/2 cup milk and keep on beating
- Add the 100 gm of melted butter and vanilla essence
- Sieve in the baking powder and the all purpose flour
- Keep on beating until you get a 8 sign ripple without breaking
- Pour in 2 loaf pans
- Bake the cake for at least 30-35 minutes or until baked
- Check the cake in between with the help of a skewer
- After baking allow the cake to cool down
- Then you will get a clean cut
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe:
Share this recipe with your friends and family and have a good teatime
Don’t forget to share your valuable thoughts and ideas with us.