Butter Chicken is one of the most popular recipe Indian Cuisine.
Aromatic golden chicken pieces in an incredible creamy curry sauce, this Butter Chicken recipe is one of the best you will try! You will love how easy it is to make in the comfort of your own home.
It just needs few ingredients to make the perfect butter chicken recipe.
It is generally believed that it originated in Delhi by using leftover tandoori chicken, and putting it into butter and tomato puree.
We’ve added a Tandoori chicken link below.
Let’s jump into the recipe now:
Type: side dish
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken
- For marination spices required-1 tsp salt, 1 tbs cumin powder, 1 tbs red chilli powder, 1 tbs red chilli flakes, 1 tbs ginger and 1 tbs garlic paste, juice of half a lime, 2 tbs white oil, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 /2 tbs garam masala
- For the gravy the spices required are as follows:
- 1 tbs coriander powder
- 1 tbs cumin powder
- 1/2 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs red chilli flakes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 6 tbs fresh cream
- 1/2 Capsicum diced (optional)
- 3-4 slit green and red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tbs butter
- In a bowl marinate the chicken with all the spices
- Rest for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 370F
- Bake the chicken for 12-15 minutes
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side
- Let’s make the gravy now
- In a pan add 2 tbs add the 2 tbs butter and allow to melt
- Add 1 tbs garlic paste and 1 tbs ginger paste
- Fry them and now add the spices
- Fry them well and add water tbs by tbs so that the spice doesn’t burn
- When oil separates add the tomato puree and add the salt
- Mix and cook then cover and cook for 15 minutes at medium flame
- At this point add the chicken
- Coat the chicken well with the gravy and add the capsicum and slit chillies
- Add the fresh cream
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes at medium low flame
- Switch off your gas and give it a standing time of 10 minutes
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe:
It is ready to serve.
Serve it with some roti/chapattis or have with steamed rice or any bread of your choice.
Here is some of my recipes you can try with:
Mexican fried rice: