Making doughnuts doesn’t require any extra culinary skills or any other equipments. What it needs is your time and patience. If you want to have it for your breakfast, try to get up early and take naps in between rising😉.
If you are making doughnuts for the first time, then this recipe is just what you are looking for.
It can be fried or baked, my this version is fried.It is really that good, that it tastes better than any store bought doughnuts-yessss, that’s right.
My sons are very fond of my homemade doughnuts,hope yours will like them too. We’ve shared 2 glazing recipes also with that. My favourite is the sugar glazing….
Okkkk, let’s see the recipe👇
Preparation time- 15-20 minutes
Cooking time-15-20 minutes
Ingredients for the doughnuts:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 tbs melted butter
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a bowl add the flour
- Mix it with the spoon to make it airy
- In a bowl add milk, yeast, sugar, butter and egg and whisk
- Add 1/2 of the liquid to the flour and mix with a spatula
- Add rest of the liquid and knead it to a sticky dough
- Now sprinkle some flour on the kitchen top
- Take out the dough and knead them until smooth and soft
- In that bowl add 1 tbs oil and brush it
- Put the dough in itand cover for 1 hour until it rises
- Now after 1 hour knock out the air
- And roll out to 1 inch thick
- Cut with a cookie cutter and the Centre with a bottle cap or piping nozzle
- Rest it for 15-20 minutes
- Now deep fry it
- Rest it for 5 minutes
Ingredients for glazing:
- For sugar glazing- add 4 tbs milk with 6 tbs of powdered sugar
- Mix it and keep it aside
- For chocolate glazing- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tbs butter
- Microwave for 1 minute at high power and keep aside
- Now dip the doughnuts into the glazing and decorate as per your choice
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe👇
Share this recipe with your family and friends
Don’t forget to share your valuable suggestions with us,your comments are always very encouraging to us.