Jalebis, are one of the famous sweets from Indian Subcontinent. Like Gulab jamun, jalebis are equally enjoyed in festivals,weddings, breakfast and as dessert.
Like its shape, people have a concept that it has a twisted recipe or needs extra two hands to make 😂😂😂😂, but nothing like that.
We’ve shared the easiest instant jalebi recipe and recipe video below👇
Type: Sweets, Dessert
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbs white oil/canola oil as per wish
- 4 tbs yoghurt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1.75 cups of water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 3-4 drops of lime juice (it avoids crystallisation)
- 4-5 drops of yellow or orange food color as per your choice
- In a deep dish pan add 3 cups of sugar and 1.75 cups of water
- Mix them until dissolved and add 1 tsp cardamom powder and 2-3 ftps of lemon juice (it prevents crystallisation as our sugar syrup is condensed)
- Bring it to boi
- Take a spatula and check when drop through the the last drop of the sugar syrup falls the slowest
- It means your sugar syrup is ready, keep it aside
- Now come to the main batter
- In a bowl add 2 cups of all purpose flour and add 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- Seive in a bowl
- Add 4 tbs of yoghurt/curd
- Add 2 tbs of white or canola oidrop in 4-5 drops of yellow food colour
- Start mixing and as well as adding water
- We’ve used a electric beater for smoothness but believe us it doesn’t matter at all
- Add water until a semi runny consistency is reached
- Now take it out in a piping bag
- Get ready for deep frying
- Pipe the batter the shape you like, don’t worry its jalebis so shape doesn’t matter😂😂😂
- Drop this deep fried jalebis into the lukewarm sugar syrup
- Keep it there for 5-6 minutes then take out and keep in bowl
- You can also use a squeezy bottle for the batter
- Repeat this process until the batter is finished
And voila JALEBIS are ready.
We’ve added a step by step video of this easy jalebi recipe👇
Serve them hot with some cold milk, yummy yumm…. Enjoy it readers
Share this recipe with your friends and family and don’t forget to like and comment.
Like we always say your comments are really encouraging to us.