Party mood or having a get together this recipe will surely earn you some extra credit.
If you haven’t tried Korean fried chicken, then you are missing out!!! Once you try it you’ll be hooked.
Korean fried chicken wings is also known as ‘candy-chicken’, because of its crunchy texture and well coated with the sweet and spicy saucy taste.
The light coated cornflour reacts with the chicken skin to create more surface area that then blisters in the hot frying oil, allowing for a crispier texture.
We do a double frying of the chicken, first time at a low heat and then rising the temperature then frying. This cooks the chicken well and makes the crispness stay longer. We can assure you this homemade version of Korean fried chicken wings are as good as the restaurant one.
Type: Appetiser, starter
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 1.5 lb of chicken wings
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of cornflour
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1/4 th cup soya sauce
- 1/4 th cup vinegar
- 2 tbs red chilli paste
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbs honey
- In a bowl add 1/2 cup all purpose flour +1/2 cup cornflour
- Add 2 tsp of crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add water to make a semi thick batter (we needed 1 cup)
- Take 1 cup of flour in another bowl
- Keep everything ready
Procedure for the sauce:
- In a pan add 2 tbs oil
- Add 1/4 cup soya sauce +1/4 th cup vinegar (we used white vinegar but its for best result use rice vinegar)
- Mix them and at this point add 2 tbs red chilli paste, 2 tbs honey, 2 tsp chopped garlic and 2 tsp chopped ginger
- Mix well and allow everything to come to a boil and keep this aside
So, readers ready to make some Korean fried chicken wings…lets do it😋😋😋
Procedure for Korean fried chicken wings:
- In a pan add oil for deep frying
- Roll your chicken wings in the cornflour bowl
- Dip into the semi thick batter
- Now put into oil for frying
- Fry until brown and take it out
- We will go for double drying, it will keep the chicken crisp
- Fry the batch
- Now give it a 5 minutes rest
- Again start frying until dark golden brown
- Put all the fried chicken wings into the sauce
- Coat well and make sure it absorbs all the sauce
- It’s ready to be served
We’ve added a step by step recipe video below👇
Serve and enjoy while hot (because we like it so😜, just kidding its fully upto you)
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say,your comments always encourages us.