Kebab is basically a Middle Eastern dish that consists of pieces of meat that can be marinated on choice and then grilled, skewed or baked over a heat source. The cooking utensil that is used for the grilling or skewing process is made out of iron or such metal is called angeethi. Sometimes the cooking is done in an earthen clay oven which is known as a tandoor.
In my blog you can find different varieties of kebabs;
Tandoori chicken, chargha chichen, chicken tikka kebab,spiced chicken legs, chaapli kebab, shami kebab and more….
Gola kebab, is the newest addition to my kebab express.
There are few kebabs like shami kebab, chaapli kebab and this gola kebab can be specifically made without oven and tandoor.
Gola Kabab is prepared by rolling minced meat like chicken or mutton and rolled into small bite sized balls and then either shallow fried in oil or in clarified butter or ‘Ghee’.
These are hastle free and quick made kebabs, which you can make in parties and get togethers surprise your guests and earn some extra credits.
Type: kebab, appetiser, starter
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 lb or near about 500 gm boneless chicken minced
- 1 large onion chopped and deep fried (berasta)
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp chickenpea flour
- 2 tbs ginger, garlic and green chillies minced
- 2 tbs yoghurt or hung curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp roasted spices
- Take a clean bowl
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Now refrigerate the kebab dough for at least 30 minutes
- Now grease your palm
- Take some dough and wrap around a spoon press and shape it and scoop out the spoon,creating a whole in between
- Again refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, so that it can retain its shape
- Now your gola kebab is ready to fry
- Shallow fry each kebab for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- It’s now ready and serve them with some green chutney
We’ve added a step by step video for convenience;
Serve them with green chutney and some onion rings
Share this recipe with your friends and family and don’t forget to share your valuable comments