Vada is a spicy potato fritter and Pav is a soft bread.Together Vada Pav is a famous Indian street mostly popular in the state of Mumbai.
It is very cheap in price and very appetizing also.It can quickly meet your hunger any time.It is also known an Bombay Burger.
It is accompanied by a dry chutney or dip made with nuts, chillies and coconut-adds an extra zing to it.It is also served with a tangy green chutney and some fried chillies.
Altogether,our bottom line is we just love it and we’re quite sure you will also definitely like this recipe.
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients for the VADA (spicy potato fritter):
- 1/2 lb potato boiled and roughly mashed
- For the spice mixture -1 tbs coriander powder+1 tbs cumin powder+1 tbs chaat masala +1 tsp salt+1 tbs garam masala+1 tsp turmeric+1 tbs red chili powder
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 3 green chili chopped (add heat according to your taste bud)
Procedure for the VADA:
- In a pan add 3 tbs oil
- Add 1 tbs ginger paste and fry well
- Add the spice mix and mix well
- Add 1 tbs water so that the spice doesn’t burn
- At this point add the potatoes (boiled and roughly mashed)
- Mix well
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and green chilies
- Mash them together and mix well
- Keep them aside to cool down
Ingredients for the dry chutney/sprinkle:
- 3 tbs desiccated coconut
- 3-4 whole red chilies
- 2 tbs cashew nut or peanuts ( we used cashew nut for a better taste)
Procedure for the dry chutney/ sprinkle:
- Dry roast all the ingredients
- Put them in a grinder
- They will a grainy chutney with a bit stickiness
- Put in a bowl a keep aside
Ingredients for the batter:
- Take 1 cup of sifted gram flour
- Add 1 tsp red chili powder,1 tsp salt,1 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2ctsp baking powder
- 3/4 th cup water or as required to form a semi thick batter
Procedure for the batter:
- In a bowl add 1 cup sifted gram flour
- Add all the spices
- Add water to for a semi thick batter
Procedure for frying the Vada (spicy potato fritters):
- Take the potato mixture and form small balls (golf sharp and size)
- Dip the batter and fry until golden brown
Procedure for platting the VADA PAV:
- Take a slider bun
- Slice it into halves
- On one side add the green chutney and on one side add the dry chutney
- Place one VADA in between and press
- Serve it with some fried green chilies,dry chutney and green chutney
We’ve shared a step by step youtube video of this recipe,hope you like it😊👍
Serve it hot,or warm it up when having it.
Don’t forget to like,share and commemt.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us.