I love to serve crispy mushrooms as a starter or as an appetiser or as an awesome side dish. These Crispy mushrooms are breaded in crunchy Panko crumbs mixed with parsley and then fried until crispy. They remind me of an appetizer we used to order in a restaurant.
If you love mushrooms as much as I do, this is a great way to have them, full of flavor and really crispy and delicious.
One important tip is, you should not fry your mushrooms for long or it will start leaving moisture and you will end up in a soggy fried mushrooms.
What are you waiting for? Let’s make some!
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 lb or near about 300 gm fresh button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs or you can just season your breadcrumbs with salt, parsley and some garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl of flour add 1 egg and whisk it
- Now to liquify the batter add in more water
- Dip mushroom in the slurry and roll over to coat with seasoned breadcrumbs
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Your mushrooms are ready to fry
- Don’t crowd your pan while frying
- Fry until both sides are golden brown
- Take it out on kitchen tissue to avoid excess oil
Your crispy mushrooms are ready to serve
We’ve added a step by step video,
You can serve it with sauce of your choice
You can have it as starter, appetiser or just to lift up your mood.
Share this recipe with your friends and family and don’t forger to share your valuable comments