If your tired of having the same daal/soup everyday then you are on the right place my friend.
Palang is spinach and Moong daal is split green gram,so it’s basically a daal/soup goes nice with steamed rice.
My family used to had the same story and about that spinach/palang the same no no as it to my kids it is a vegetable+ healthy,so mark it off the list from the lunch,dinner or any menu😂😂😂😂. But,then I came across this recipe which is worth a try believe me.
It’s tasty and healthy. Your kids love it and you will take a minimum time to make it.So it’s a win win situation.
Type : Side dish,soup
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 cup split green grams/Moong daal (soak it for 1 hour and then drain out the water)
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 lb baby spinach/spinach
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- 1 tbs garlic paste
- 2-4 whole red chillies
- 1/2 cup +3 tbs water
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs chopped green and red chillies
- First take a bowl and make the spice for the daal/lentil soup
- Add 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder,1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Mix them up
- In a pan add oil and fry the onions brown and keep them aside
- In that pan add 1 tbs of cumin seeds and add 2-4 while red chillies
- Fry them well and add 1 tbs of ginger paste and 1 tbs garlic paste
- Cook well then add the pre soaked moong daal/split green gram
- Fry it well and then add the premixed spice
- Add 3 tbs of water so that it doesn’t burn
- Cook until the spice is cooked
- Add 1 large diced tomato and cook until soft
- Then add the chopped spinach and cover it to release water
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes at a low flame
- Once the water is released,stir and give it a quick mix
- Add 1/2 cup of warm or boiled for the amount of soup you need (it depends on you)
- Then cover and again Cook for 10 minutes at a medium high flame
- This time you can see everything has been incorporated to a mashy soupy texture
- Add 1 tbs of butter and cover and turn off your gas
- Garnish and serve with some chopped chillies
We’ve added a step by step recipe video iny new YouTube channel:
Serve this daal/soup with some steamed rice,roti or parathas
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us.