Chicken wings are juicy from inside and crunchy from outside. We’ve made a dry rub. And a liquid marination which keeps the chicken more moisturised from inside.
This liquid marination is totally upto you, as it is my innovation and the result comes out just awesome.
But only dry rub and the oil also gives a crunchy texture.
This recipe is everyone’s favourite so is my families. But homemade chicken wings is always a better and healthy version.
From my kitchen to your kitchen, let’s jump to into the recipe:
Type: Starter, Appetizer
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs oil
- 3 tbs yoghurt
- 1/4 th cup water
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1.5 cup flour
- In a bowl add 3 tbs yoghurt and add 2 tsp green chilli paste
- Add 1/4 th cup of water
- Mix and add water and make buttermilk
- Keep it aside
- In a another bowl add the chicken wings and prick it with fork for better penetration of the spices
- Add the spices ( 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp paprika,salt to taste, 2 tsp crushed black pepper)
- Add 1 tbs of oil and mix until all the spices are mixed
- Now add the buttermilk we made
- Mix well until everything is well incorporated
- Cover with a cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes minimium or 2-4 hours for best result
- After the refrigeration, remove the cling film
- Now take the chicken in a resealable bag and add the flour
- Seal the bag and coat the chicken well
- Heat oil for deep frying at a medium flame
- Frying will need a bit of patience
- Add the chicken and don’t flip or move the chicken until 3_4 minutes
- After 3-4 minutes flip and again cook for more 5-8 minute
- Now you can freely move the chicken and cook for more 3 minutes
- So basically each batch will need 15 minutes almost
- And its done
Weve added a step by step of the recipe:
Serve this crunchy chicken with your favourite sauce
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us.