Tangdi Kebab is a very popular appetizer,common in menu cards of Indian restaurant.
Tangdi/Tangri means legs and Kebab means grilled piece of meat.Tangdi kebab is a spicy grilled chicken made over tandoor,oven or regular pan.
A spicy marinade made with ginger, garlic,chillies,garam masala rubbed over chicken drumsticks and grilled in oven makes most appetizing appetizer😋.
Weekend parties,occasions this dish is very popular at my home.
From my kitchen to your kitchen,this recipe is worth adding to your recipe diary.
Let’s make some Tangdi Kebabs;
Type: Starter, Appetizer
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of chicken
- 2 lb chicken
- 2+2 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbs green chilli paste
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbs yoghurt
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 2 tbs mustard oil
- For this chicken we will make 2 marinades
- For the first marinade just add 3 tbs lemon juice and 2 tbs ginger garlic paste,mix it and add the chicken legs
- Don’t forget to put gashes on the chicken for better penetration
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes
- In between in another bowl mix all the remaining ingredients and make the second marinade
- Remove the cover and add this marinade over the chicken and message well
- Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Line your chicken legs on a baking sheet
- We’ve given a water bath below,because it doesn’t let the chicken dry out
- Our chicken was a bit big in size so it took around 25-26 minutes per side
- But for a normal small sized chicken legs you will need 12-15 minutes,that’s all
- After 25 minutes we flipped the chicken and brushed with remaining marinade and again baked it for more 25 minutes
- Take out and again brush the marinade
- Now we changed our oven mode to grilling or broil
- At high we broil it for 4-5 minutes per side and its done
- Give it 10 minutes resting time so that it can reserve it’s juices
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe👇
Hope you will enjoy watching and making it.
Serve it with your favorite chutneys/sauces,onion salad and lemon wedges.
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say,your comments always encourages us.