Balochi Tikka Karahi/Baloch Tikka Karahi recipe is a famous recipes specially in the highway Dhabas.
This is a very unique recipe,which you don’t easily get to taste just I’m a my restaurant.
We’ve managed to get this recipe which is worth trying.
The chicken remains juicy and is coated with all the flavors from the spices that will create a zing on your first bite.
Let’s make Baloch Tikka Karahi…in my style😋😋😋
Type: Starter,Side dish
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 lb chicken ( any part can be used-drumstick,thigh,breast)
- 2-4 Serano peppers ( Any green chilli of you choice)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1/4 th cup crushed tomato
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- For Baloch Masala- 2 tsp coriander seeds,2 tsp fresh peppercorns,2 tsp cumin seeds,2 tsp red chilli flakes,2 tsp chaat masala,1 tsp garam masala powder,1 tsp black salt
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 5-6 slit green chillies ( optional)
- 3 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbs lime juice
Process to make Baloch masala:
- Dry roast 2 tsp cumin seeds,2 tsp coriander seeds,2 tsp whole peppercorns
- Now grind into fine powder
- Take it out in a bowl
- Add 2 tsp red chilli flakes,2 tsp chaat masala,1 tsp garam masala,1 tsp black salt
- Mix altogether and Baloch masala is s ready
- Take a pan and add 4 tbs oil
- Add the chicken when the oil is hot
- Fry the chicken until the color is changed
- At this point add the ginger and garlic paste
- Fry and mix the chicken well
- Fry until the oil separates
- Take the oil separates and circulate from top to bottom
- When oil separates turn off the heat
- Take another pan and take some of this separated oil pour over it
- Heat up and add 1 tsp mustard seeds and handful of curry leaves
- Allow it to splatter
- Add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- Fry them well and add 1 tsp turmeric powder and mix
- Add 4 tbs of the Baloch masala and mix
- When oil starts separating add the chicken legs
- And mix and coat well
- When everything is incorporated add some lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves and serve
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe,to make it more helpful and useful:
Enjoy this recipe at any cocktail night or on a regular night with some steamed rice or naan/parathas/Tortillas
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us ☺️.