Half n half butter sponge cake or you can say Choco-nilla cake (obviously my version😁) is a effortless,soft sponge cake.
This cake is made from scratch with the basic vanilla cake recipe and with this we added the very chocolate favour. Light,airy,fluffy-this cake meets a best option in every occasions.
Having more than 1 flavor is like a treat to me specially in case of cake. You can use other flavors also. Kids just get easily attracted to this cake. Even they will bring the Tiff n box empty if given in school.
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Ingredients for cocoa paste:
- 25 gram cocoa powder
- 50 gram sugar
- 50ml boiling water
Procedure for making cocoa paste:
- In a bowl add 25 gram of cocoa powder
- Add 50 gram of sugar
- To that add 50 ml boiling water
- Keep it aside
Ingredients for the cake batter:
- 250 gram of all purpose flour/ 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 200 gram butter
- 160 gram of sugar/1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 large eggs
- 75 ml of milk
***All the ingredients must be at room temperature
Procedure for the cake batter:
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a bowl sift in all-purpose flour and the baking powder together and keep it aside
- Another bull 200 gram of butter and add in the eggs one by one
- Now add the sugar to it and whisk it properly
- Until pale and airy
- Folding fold in the flour spoon by spoon
- Add 2 tsp vanilla essence and whisk
- at this point separate 100 grams of cake batter and mix it to the cocoa paste we made earlier
- Line your cake tin with butter paper and butter with some butter to it
- First add in the chocolate batter and then smooth it out
- Then add the butter batter on top of it smooth it out
- Tap the cake tin 3 times
- Bake it for around 35-40 minutes or until the skewer runs clean when inserted
- Cool down the cakes
- We made 2 cakes with this quantity of batter
- Now slice the cakes the way you want
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe,to make it more easier for all of you👇👇👇
Enjoy this recipe in a tea party,kids tiffin box or just like that.
Don’t forget to like share and comments.
Like we never forget to say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊.
You can also visit