It is known as ROSH BORA. It is a Bengali traditional sweet and is more like household dessert which you will not get in typical sweet shops. So thought of sharing this recipe with all of you. These are spongy balls soaked in cardamom flavored sugar syrup.
- 1 cup urat lentil or split red gram soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 green cardamom coarsely grind
- Oil to deep fry
- Few fennel seeds
- Grind the lentils into fine fluffy paste
- Mix in the fennel seeds
- In a pan add the sugar, grounded green cardamom and water, boil into a stringy consistency
- Deep fry the lentil balls
- Now soak the boils for at least 20minutes in the sugar syrup
Enjoy your soft and delicious rosh boras or spongy lentils soaked in sugar syrup.
Share this recipe and comment in the comment box below