Khoya is a dairy product,originating from Indian subcontinent and encompassing Nepal and Bangladesh.
It is basically a milk solid made by reducing milk,but sometimes the process is quite lengthy.Khoya or Maowa is easily available in market and sweet shops. You always don’t get the fresh khoya, again those live abroad like me,don’t get this easily.
We’ve made the easiest 2 ingredients instant microwave Khoya/kheer/Maowa. We hope you will like it.
Let’s see the recipe👇
Preparation time- 2-5 minutes
Cooking time- 4:30 minutes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream ( Any liquid cream will do but we used heavy whipping cream)
- In a bowl add 2 cups milk powder
- In that slowly add the cream and keep on mixing
- Mix until smooth
- Put it in the microwave for 1 minute at high power
- Take it out and stir (not vigorously)
- Again put it in the microwave for another 1 minute and stir with a soft hand
- Now will go for 30 secs at high power and take it out and stir
- Again put for 30 secs and stir with soft hand
- You can see it started curdling
- Put it again in the microwave for 30 secs and stir
- You can see bubble started
- Put again for 30 secs and stir
- At this point the final result generally comes and oil separates and you don’t need to put it in the microwave any more
- But if needed put for another 30 secs and stir
- And its done
- Allow it to cool down and you will get that nice soft and grainy structure
We’ve added a step by step video of this recipe 😊😊😊,in my YouTube channel,watch it and don’t forget to subscribe 👇;
You can use to make any sweets,dessert or you can enjoy it like this…..😋😋😋
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊.
We’ve our authentic milk Khoya recipe also👇
You can make patishapta with it 👇