Sweet Corn Chicken Soup is one of my favorite Indo Chinese food. It’s and must order for me whenever we go out to a Chinese restaurant.
This warm soup filled with chicken and corn just gives that feel good feeling. It’s gluten free and full of protein.
The soup has a 3 simple steps techniques-making the soup,cream of corn and the very egg drop for that stringy texture.
It is very healthy for both adult and kids. And wight watchers are equally happy😊😊😊
So,let’s start making the sweet corn chicken soup in my style…
Type- Soup, appetiser
Preparation time-10-15 minutes
Cooking time- 15-20 minutes
- 200 gm boneless chicken or 1 breast piece boiled with a pinch of salt and then shredded
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbs chopped white of green onions
- 1/4th cup cream of corn ( just blend 1/4 th cup boiled corn with 2 tbs water)
- 3 cups chicken broth/stock
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup boiled corn
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 egg whisked
- 3 tbs slurry (2. 5 tbs cornflour + 1 tbs water)
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- For garnishing- chopped spring onions, hot sauce, soya sauce, chilli vinegar (microwave for 30 seconds 2 chopped green chilli with 2 tbs vinegar)
- In a pan add 2 tbs white oil
- Add 1 tsp chopped garlic,1 tsp red chilli flakes and 2 tbs chopped white bulb of the spring onion and fry
- Now add the cream of corn and give it a quick stir
- At this point add 3 cups chicken broth and 2 cups of shredded boiled chicken
- Keep on cooking in medium flame and add salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes
- Now add 1/2 cup boiled corn
- Add 1 tsp soya sauce and 1 tbs red hot sauce (or any chilli sauce of your choice)
- Cover and bring it to boil and add the slurry to thicken it
- Keep on cooking for 5-8 minutes at a high flame
- And pour 1 whisked egg in a stir and pour method at a high flame
- Cook for more 5 minutes and its done
- Pour out in a bowl
- Garnish with- soya sauce,red hot sauce,chilli vinegar and chopped spring onions and enjoy
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe😊;
Enjoy this soup in this cold winters.
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊.