Prawns steamed in mustard sauce or shorshe bhapa chingri is as you eat,you get the strong and sharp flavor of the mustard and when you press the green chillies and mix the yellow gravy with the steamed rice will just take you a next level of your taste bud satisfaction,that will make your eyes glitter up some water.
It is a traditional Bengali dish best enjoyed with steamed rice and has just satisfied numerous palates at lunch or dinner.
It is just so easy to cook and serve,you will feel that you’ve done nothing and your dish is ready already😊😊😊,and that’s the best part right????
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Spice level- hot
- 1 lb fresh raw prawns
- 4 tbs yoghurt
- 3 tbs green chilli paste
- 2 tbs cashew paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs mustard paste
- 3 tbs coconut paste
- 2 tbs + 1 tsp mustard oil
- 3-4 slit green chillies
- Handful of coriander leaves chopped
- In a bowl add 2 tbs yoghurt
- And the cashew paste with green chilli paste
- At this point add 2 tbs mustard paste
- Add 3 tbs coconut paste
- Mix them well and add the fresh prawns
- Add the green chillies and the coriander leaves
- Cover it with foil
- In between bring it to boil water
- Place some kitchen towel to avoid the direct heat with the bowl
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes
- After 15-20 minutes,take it out and give it a standing time of 5 minutes
- Remove the foil and serve with steamed rice
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 😊
Enjoy this dish with your friends and family😊
Don’t forget to like,share and comments.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊
- How to make this mustard paste???
Just take mustard seeds and add hot water to soak for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes grind it into fine paste.
If you need seive it through and discard unwanted husk or it will become bitter.
2. How to make coconut paste?
Take some grated coconut,soak it in warm milk or water for 15-20 minutes and then grind into fine or roughly fine paste.