This is the perfect base for any cake.
When we make a cake we plan to make either a simple cake or want to decorate it by adding colors,theme and what not,but for all that we need a perfect base of a cake.
Most of the time it’s the basic sponge cake.
In that batter you can add color,essence or any particular thing of your choice but still for that you need a proper cake.Many time we fail reaching that ideal rise or color or exact moistness. So keep your worries aside because we’ve a perfect solution to it😊😊😊.
Let’s bake a sponge cake👇👇👇
Preparation time– 15-20 minutes
Cooking time- 30-35 minutes
1) 1.5 cups all purpose flour
2) 1.5 cups sugar
3) 1.5 tsp baking powder
4) 1/2 cup milk (at room temperature)
5) 3 eggs (at room temperature)
6) 1/2 cup softened butter
7) 2 tsp vanilla essence
1) Preheat the oven to 360F
2) In a bowl add 1/2 cup softened butter and whisk
3) Add 3 eggs one at a time and whisk
4) Add 1.5 cups of sugar and mix until creamy and fluffy
5) At this point add 1/2 cup milk and whisk
6) In a bowl add 1.5 all purpose flour and add 1.5 tsp baking powder and mix
7) Sift together in the bowl of liquid mixture
8) Fold in and add 2 tsp vanilla essence and whisk together
9) Take a cake tin and line it with baking paper
10) Grease the tin with butter and pour the mixture
11) The mixture is good enough for 2 loaf pans
12) Bake for 30-35 minutes or test with a skewer when it comes clean
13) Allow the cake to come to room temperature
14) Now if you want to frost,it’s the right time
15) Or you can just a simple sponge cake😊
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇
For example like you can go through my half ‘n’ half cake where we’ve made a plain batter and then divided the batter and made half vanilla and half chocolate👇
half ‘n’ half cake
Enjoy this recipe,during tea time or use to make any other flavours or as a theme cake adding colors or frosting
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊