Seekh means rid or skewers and do pyaza means onion used 2 times in two different forms.Though mainly made Seekh kebab is very common in India but we made the same but with my twist.
It’s is a very tasty delicacy and is you go to a Mughlai or Awadhi restaurant then it’s a must order.
You can have it as a starter or have it with a side of Roti or Naan.
Though mainly it is made in Tandoor or Oven,but we made it very simply without oven or tandoor.
So let’s start making the Seekh-e-do pyaza👇👇👇👇
Type- Starter, Appetizer
Preparation time- 20-25 minutes +2 hours marination (overnight for best result)
Cooking time- 6-8 minutes
- 1 lb minced chicken (should be dry)
- 1 bundle coriander leaves
- 1/3 sliced onion
- 1/2 cup from fried onion
- 2 tbs hung yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- 1inch ginger sliced
- 2 tbs chopped garlic
- 4-5 green chillies (heat is upto your palate)
- Spice mix- 2 tbs cumin powder,2 tbs paprika,2 tbs coriander powder,2 tbs garam masala powder,2 tbs Chaat masala
- Juice of half lime
- In a chopper add the ginger, garlic,green chillies, coriander leaves, sliced onion and chop
- Take a bowl and add the chopped ingredients
- Add the minced chicken and mix
- Add all the spice mix and the fried onion
- Add the yoghurt and juice of half lime
- Mix everything together and again put in a blender jar so that the spices are evenly blended with the chicken and the chicken becomes more more mouth melting
- Cover and marinate for 2 hours minimum or overnight for best result
- Now take a pipe and take handful of dough
- Make a log like shape and start building kebab around the pipe
- Spread the chicken evenly so that the seekh doesn’t break while cooking
- Now take a flat pan add oil or ghee/clarified butter or butter
- And start pan frying the seekh -e- do pyaza
- Fry until golden brown
- And evenly cooked on all sides
- And its done
- Serve it with green chutney and onion slices and lemon wedges
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
Hope you like it
There are few kebab recipes which are as follows:
Don’t forget to like share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊