“Sheer Khurma”…what is a Sheer Khurma?
Well Sheer Khurma means ‘ milk with dates’ in Persian. It s Mughlai dish. It is a rich milk based dessert made of nuts and more importantly dates with vermecilli noodles. And it is generally made on the month of Ramadan or on the last day which is celebrated as Eid.
This delicious sweet pudding is an excellent dessert to be made in at special occasions. As it has lot of dry fruits so it is very good for both kids and adults,it gives lot of heat and warmth to the body.
Let’s make tasty Sheer Khurma😊😊😊….
Type- Dessert, Sweets
Preparation time- 10-12 minutes
Cooking time- 25-30 minutes
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 2 tbs chopped cashew nut
- 2 tbs chopped walnut
- 2 tbs chopped almonds
- 2 tbs dessicated coconut
- 3 tbs chopped dates
- 50 gm vermecilli/seviyan/shemai
- 120 ml condensed milk/100 gm sugar
- 3-4 tbs ghee(clarified butter)/butter
- In a deep dish pan boil 1 litre full fat milk
- In between in a another pan add 2 tbs ghee( clarified butter)/butter
- Roast the nuts and coconuts
- Fry until aroma comes
- Now in that very pan add another 2 tbs ghee( clarified butter)/butter
- Add the vermecilli/seviyan/shemai
- Roast until light brown
- You can see that in this time your milk has come to a boil
- Add 120 ml condensed milk or you can also add 100 gm sugar
- Mix and add the roasted nuts
- Cook for 5-8 minutes on a medium flame and then add the roasted vermecilli/seviyan/shemai
- Now mix and cook it for 5-8 minutes on a medium low flame
- And its done
- Dish it out
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 😊😊😊
Hope this is helpful 😊
Enjoy this recipe both hot or cold,it’s equally tasty.
Here, we’re giving links of few more sweets we made👇👇👇
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊.