“Phyana bhat” is basically overcooked soft and mushy rice with veggies and ghee (clarified butter).
Now a days I’m realizing that the most unwanted food which my mother used to force down through my throat is actually my comfort food,which I love having lately.
We used to specially make this type of food when we are running late and need something to eat quickly or back from a tiresome journey and need something cooking one pot and that too effortlessly.
But,off late we’ve realized that my kids just love it when I make it,they love it just unlike me in my childhood days.
It is really tasty, healthy and very enjoyable😊😊😊
Let’s prepare together,Phyana Bhaat/One pot soft cook rice and veggies 👇👇👇
Type- Rice,Whole meal
Preparation time- 5-8 minutes
Cooking time- 25-30 minutes
- 100 gm gibindo bhog or kali jeera rice or jeera samba rice,any short grain rice will do
- 250 ml water
- 1/4 th cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 th cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 th cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 th cup chopped beans
- 1/4 th cup sweet corns
- 3 tbs red lentils (masoor daal)
- 2.5 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp ghee
- 1 dollop of butter for serving
- Take 100 gm of rice in a bowl
- Wash the rice properly to remove the starch
- Add all the veggies
- Add 250 ml water
- Add the salt and sugar (this recipe will be a bit sweet and bit savoury)
- Mix altogether
- We used a microwave,but it can also be prepared on gas oven,but making it in microwave saves the time and effort
- First set power at high and timer of 14 minutes
- After 14 minutes set power at 60% and cook for more 14 minutes
- At this point your rice should be done,if you see that it needs some more time, adjust accordingly
- Add 1-2 tsp ghee and mix and serve
- But we like it a bit more soft,so we added 1/4 th cup hot water mixed and again cooked for 5 minutes at high power
- Now dish it out and add a dollop of butter and enjoy
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇👇
We hope you enjoy it.
It goes best with potato and eggplant fries👇👇👇
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊.