Soup is very healthy and it becomes more healthier with some vegetables and chicken.
This time we made a simple mixed vegetable soup,with my twist of jalepenos.
After a long day when you come home, or you had a long day and just need something to sip off that vanishes your stress is just a cup of hot soup,what can be more comforting!!!
I just want to share my first interaction with a simple mixed vegetable soup.
It was in the year 2015….no no don’t think I didn’t have mixed vegetable soup before,it’s a story how I had a connection with this soup.
So,where was I……yesssss…in the year 2015,it was a very hectic year for me I just had my ectopic pregnancy operation.It was my day 2 in the hospital and was very sad leaving my 1 year old son back at home,missing him badly and was not able to eat anything. There was some nurse in my cabin who suddenly said to me “hmmmm…you know I know just what you need at this time”,and she made me this simple mixed vegetable soup and feed me by her hand. I was so relaxed and my worries just flew away….and I sleeped like a baby. So,this wasy story…..and love for mixed vegetable soup.
So let’s start making Mixed vegetable soup…in my style😋😋😋
Preparation time- 10-15minutes
Cooking time- 15-20 minutes
- 1/3 rd cup chopped white bulb from the spring onions
- 1 small broccoli separated into florets
- 1/3rd cup chopped cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables like -chopped carrots,beans,sweet corn or any other vegetable you like
- 1 jalepeno diced (optional)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tbs chopped cilantro
- 3 tbs chopped parsley
- 2 tbs chopped spring onions
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Add 1 tbs cornflour to 1 cup water
- Mix it
- Keep aside
- In a pan add 2 tbs oil
- Add the spring onions bulbs, chopped garlic and chopped ginger and fry until aroma comes
- Add the shredded cabbage
- Then add the brocolli florets and fry
- Add the mixed vegetables like chopped carrots,beans, sweet corn
- Fry well and add 2 cups of hot water
- Bring it to boil
- Now add the slurry
- It thickens the soup
- Add sliced jalepeno and the chopped coriander leaves and parsley
- Also add chopped spring onions
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes at high flame
- And its done
- Give it a standing time of 5 minutes,turn off the heat
- Dish out and serve while it’s hot
How to make instant chilli vinegar???
- In a microwave safe bowl add 2-4 chopped green chillies
- Add 3 tbs white vinegar
- Microwave for 30 secs and its done
Garnish your soup with some chopped spring onions and chilli vinegar
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe below👇👇👇
Here are few more recipes oh homemade soups👇👇👇
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊