Donuts are something which are equally loved from kids to adults.
This recipe is a thumbs up recipe as it involves no oil,no deep frying….the Healthy version.
What is more great than to wake up in the morning and have freshly baked donuts.
And what makes this recipe a winner is that…how easy it is!!!
My kids and my husband just love it whenever I make this. It does not need at all your effort only it needs a bit of attention that’s all.
Let’s make Baked sugar donuts 👇👇👇
Preparation time- 15-20 minutes+ 1 hour 1 at proofing +45 hour second proofing
Cooking time- 10-12 minutes
Ingredients for the donuts:
- 1+ 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4th cup sugar + 1 cup sugar for coating
- 7 gm active yeast
- 3 tbs butter+ 4 tbs melted butter
- 2/3 rd cup warm milk
- 2 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
Procedure for the donuts:
- In a bowl add 1 cup all purpose flour,add 1/4 th cup sugar and add 7 gm yeast and mix
- Add 2 egg yolks,3 tbs butter and a pinch of salt
- Now add 2/3rd cup warm milk
- Whisk and you will get a runny batter
- Cover and keep for 10-15 minutes until you see some bubbles
- Now seive in another 1 1/2 cup flour
- Mix and make a soft dough
- If you feel that the dough is stoking to your hand,sprinkle some flour
- Now cover and keep the dough to rise for 1 hour in a warm place
- Proofing or allowing it to rise helps to make a soft donuts
- After 1 hour knock out the air and knead,but never overknead it or it will become hard donuts
- Now roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thick
- And cut with a cutter
- Now take one piping nozzle or small bottle cap,and cut in the middle to make donut holes
- Use this donut holes also,it also tastes great
- Again cover with a kitchen towel or cling film and keep in a warm 100F/38 C place for 20 minutes or 45minutes – 1 hour at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Bake for 10-15 or until golden brown
- This is is how donuts are baked
Now for the simple sugar coated donuts
- Take out the donuts and brush them with butter when hot
- And roll over sugar (if your sugar is thick them grind in blender)
- Coat well
- And enjoy
- Do the same with the donut holes 😋
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
Hope you like it 😊
You can also watch👇👇👇
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊