Amritsari Machhi/Amritsari fish fry or you can say Ambarsari Machhi is a famous street food from India that too from Punjab.
This dish gets it’s name from the place in Punjab called Amritsar- the place famous for The Golden Temple.
It is a basically a very fresh fish fillet,marinated with some spice, gramflour (besan) and some carrom seeds (ajwain).
Many people make this fish fry by dipping it into a batter and fry,but believe that is not Amritsari Fish,that can be a simple fish pakoda/fritter.
This is simply a fish having some gramflour (besan) into it’s marinate and a tablespoon or two to crisp it up,thats all .
It is very simple to make and has great flavors in it. This twist of carrom seeds (ajwain), helps in taste and aslo in digestion 😊.
So,let’s make Amritsari Machhi/Amritsari Fish Fry in my style 👇 👇👇;
Type- Snack, Appetizer
Preparation time- 15-20 minutes
Cooking time- 5-8 minutes each batch
- 600 gm boneless fillets (Around 6-7 fillets) cut into semi thick pieces
- 2 tbs ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp paprika (kashmiri red chilli)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp asfoetida (hing)
- 3/4th cup besan (gramflour)
- 2 tbs rice flour
- 2 tbs beaten yoghurt
- 1 tsp ajwain (carrom seeds)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 th cup or 4 tbs vinegar
- In a bowl take all the fish pieces,add ginger garlic paste,salt,black pepper,freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- Mix it
- Now add the red chilli powder, paprika,garam masala and asfoetida (hing) and mix again
- Add the besan (gramflour), rice flour, youghurt and egg and again mix it
- Keep it covered for 5-10 minutes
- Now deep fry these marinated fish until crisp brown
- The flame should be around medium-medium high
- Enjoy this fish with some lemon wedges and chaat masala sprinkled on top
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
Hope you like it 😊
You can also try👇👇👇
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊