It is one of my favorite dish. It is such a dish in which you can add or skip some ingredients according to your taste. Like I made a no onion, no garlic dish but you can add onion and garlic, even you can add prawns into it.
It just takes less than 30 minutes to make.
We all know spinach is a good source of vitamin C,Vitamin K, folic acid, iron and calcium but many kids say a no no and loose their appetite when they see spinach on their plate but I’ll guarantee you that once they taste this dish they will ask you to make it almost every day……. so it will be a win win situation for both mommy and kid.
Preparation Time: 10-15
Cooking time- 20-25 minutes
- 500 gm spinach leaves chopped
- 3 medium sized par boiled potatoes diced
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 2 red while dried chilli
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 th cup fried onion
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbs coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2 tbs mustard oil( you can use any oil)
- 1 tbs Ghee (clarified butter) (if needed)
- Add the mustard oil in a pan
- Add the whole red chilli,whole cumin and fry till aroma comes
- You can hear that splattering sound
- Now add the potatoes and stir well
- Add 2 tsp ginger paste to the potatoes
- Add all the spices one by one
- Coat the potatoes well with the spices
- Now add some warm water to the potatoes and cover it and cook it for 5 minutes
- Now add the chopped spinach to it
- Mix well and cover and cook for 10 minutes
- In this time you can see water is coming out of the spinach but don’t worry it will dry out
- Add the green chillies
- After more 10 minutes you can see a dry spinach and potato curry
- It is the time to drizzle the clarified butter to it.
We’ve added a step by step video to make it easier for you👇
Hope you like it.
You may also like the version of aloo palak without onion 👇👇👇
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊