Makke di Roti/Flat bread made from maize flour or corn meal is a flat , unleavened Punjabi bread made from corn meal, primarily eaten in Punjab region in the northern part of Indian Subcontinent.
Like most of the flat bread or rotis,this is also made on tawa or a flat pan.
It is very healthy as it is made from corn and tasty also. It is a vegan and gluten free bread. Makki ki Roti and Saarso da Saag is great combination. You can also enjoy this flat bread with any other curries also.
Let’s make Makki ki Roti….👇👇👇
Type- Whole meal
Preparation time- 10-15 minutes
Cooking time- 3-4 minutes
- 2 cups makke ki atta/Maize flour or Corn meal (not that white one we need to make soups)
- 1/4 th cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water (or as required to make a tight dough)
- Oil or ghee (clarified butter) or butter to brush
THIS IS THE BRAND WE USE… GENERALLY 😊
- In a bowl add 2 cups of makke ki atta or maze flour and 1 tsp salt
- Add water slowly and start kneading
- We add 1/4 th cup all purpose flour,as we think it gives a good binding
- Mix and knead and keep it covered for 10-15 minutes
- Take some dough and make a ball
- Keep the rest of the dough covered
- Before rolling the dough,place one zip lock bag on your rolling platform
- You need to use both hand and rolling pin
- Flatten with rolling pin,then use your palm to spread out
- Then slowly lift your zip lock bag a release your Roti/ Flat bread
- You need to cook it on high heat
- When you place your Roti or flat bread on the pan,it should be hot and then slowly brush some oil or ghee (clarified butter) or butter
- Cook until both sides get that brown marks on them
- And its done
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
It goes best with Saarso da Saag / Mustard greens curry 👇👇👇
Hope you like our recipes.
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊.