‘Aloo Tikki’ is a snack originating from Indian Subcontinent specially from North India, it is made out of boiled potatoes and spices with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Aloo means potato and Tikki means cutlets or croquette in Hindi and Marathi.
While making any snack just made of potatoes always have a fear of cracking,breaking and creating a mess when it comes in contact with hot oil.
Some people add eggs,some add breads but in this recipe we’ve easily shown how you can easily make aloo tikki or spicy potato kebabs with 100% veg ingredients that too with a perfect binding agent.
So,let’s make Aloo Tikki… in my style👇👇👇
Preparation time- 12-15 minutes
Cooking time- 3-5 minutes each batch
- 3 large boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- In a bowl mash the boiled potatoes and add all the ingredients above
- Mash them and mix them until everything comes together
- From the dough take small roundels and give them a shape of Tikki or kebab or simply we can say a patty shape
- You can refrigerate it or you can fry them right away
- Deep fry them until golden brown
- Each batch will take around 3-5 minutes
- Take it out in a kitchen towel and its done
- Enjoy with ketchup or your favourite chutney
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
Hope you like our recipe😊
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊.