Jeera Rice /Cumin flavoured rice is an Indian Dish consisting of Jeera/cumin and Rice. in North India it’s an everyday dish.
It is generally prepared by soaking Basmati rice at least half am hour before,then adding the whole spices and adding the rice with perfect amount of water.
But this recipe is the quickest if you have a fussy kid at home…..he will have a whole plate without complaining 😊.
Often we’ve left over rice at home and don’t to to reheat and it or do something else. So here is a great idea to use it.
Let’s make Jeera Rice/Cumin flavoured rice… 👇👇👇
Type- Rice,main course
Preparation time- 5-8 minutes
Cooking time- 15-20 minutes
- 2 cups of leftover rice
- 1.5 tbs cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole red chillies
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 5-7 cardamom pods
- 5-8 cloves
- 2-3 tbs sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbs oil
- 2 tbs ghee (clarified butter)
- In a pan add 3 tbs oil
- When the oil is hot add 2 bay leaves and 2 whole red chillies
- In a grinder roughly grind the remaining whole spices
- Add it to the oil
- Add 1.5 tbs cumin seeds
- After the aroma comes add the leftover rice and mix well
- In that add 3 tbs sugar and salt to taste
- Mix and add the ghee/ clarified butter
- Give it a quick stir and its done
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe below 👇👇👇
Serve this with 👇👇👇
You can also try this rice items👇👇👇
And last but not the least
Hope you like it.
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊
You can also try