‘Halwa’ is an Indian Style dessert.It is very famous all over India. It’s sweet mellow aromatic flavor is it’s speciality.
This is such kind of a dish that you can eat or serve at any time of a day. The great part in cooking this halwa,is that it takes very less time. And you can prepare it for any guest who gave arrived without notice. You can feed your kids,this kind of dessert which are actually healthy.
It does need only sugar, Semolina (sooji/rawa) and water….so it is kitchen friendly.Any person who is lactose intolerant can equally enjoy it.
This version will end up a very grainy texture dessert, people are very fond of it. The trick lies in roasting the Semolina for 6-7 minutes and adjusting the heat from medium low to medium.
You can make it a rich version by adding nuts,color and silver leaf (rangta).
So,let’s make Sooji ka halwa / sweet semolina dessert.
Preparation time- 10-12 minutes
Cooking time- 15-20 minutes
- 1 cup Semolina
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts- cashew nuts, walnuts, raisin, almonds, pistachios
- 2-3 drops yellow food color (optional)
- 1/2 tsp roughly crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/4tg cup oil /ghee (clarified butter)/ butter
- 2 tbs milk powder
- 1 tsp +1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
- In a pan add 1/4 th cup oil
- Roughly crush the nuts
- Lightly roast them in oil
- And add 2 cups of water and 1 cup sugar
- Mix them until dissolves
- Now add 2-3 drops yellow food color
- Add 1 tsp ghee
- Add cardamom seeds
- Bring them to boil and turn off the heat
- In another pan add 1 cup semolina,and start roasting
- This roasting takes around 6-7 minutes
- You have to continuously keep moving your laddle or the semolina will get burnt
- Keep on roasting maintaining your heat from medium low-medium
- When start getting the nutty flavor,then pour your sugar and nut syrup
- Now lower your heat and slowly stir
- The point where you are that the,syrup has almost dried up,then add 2 tbs milk powder and mix
- You can see your semolina has already got a grainy texture
- Now add another tsp ghee and turn off the heat
- Let it come to room temperature and enjoy
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
Hope you like it.
You can also try 👇👇👇
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊