This Indian Style beetroot curry is very tasty, appetising and takes your daily ingredients.
Beetroot has very nutritional value,it can do wonders it lowers your blood pressure,boosts your immunity system and has loads of vitamins and minerals.
Generally,kids just don’t love this kind of vegetables which has high nutritional value 😉,but we mothers have to find way to feed them right!!!
It looks colorful,with the red color from the beetroots and the garnishing with bright green coriander leaves,it has the earthy flavour of cumin and the tangy of tomato. It has that savoury side from salt with a mild touch of sweetness from sugar.
So,let’s not waste time and start cooking, Beetroot curry…in my style 👇👇👇
Preparation time- 12-15 minutes
Cooking time- 40-45 minutes
- 3 medium beetroots or 2 large beetroots cut into big cubes
- 2 medium potatoes cut into big cubes
- 1 tomatoes diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- For tempering- 2 whole red chillies,2 bay leaves and 1 tsp cumin seeds
- For spice mix- 1 tsp cumin powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp garam masala,1 tsp turmeric powder,1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup water for the gravy
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/4 th cup green peas
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
- In a pan add 3 tbs oil,when hot add 2 whole red chillies,2 bay leaves+1 tsp cumin seeds
- Fry till aroma comes,now add 1 tbs ginger paste
- Mix and add the diced beetroots and mix
- Fry and cover and cook for 15 minutes on a medium low flame
- After 15 minutes add the spice mix i.e 1 tsp turmeric powder,1 tsp cumin powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp garam masala and mix
- Now add chopped tomatoes and mix
- Add salt to taste and cook till tomatoes are soft
- Add 1/2 cup water,cover and cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame
- After 10 minutes add the diced potatoes
- Add 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Add 1/4th cup peas (optional)+2-3 green chillies
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water and cover and cook for more 15 minutes and its done
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and enjoy
We’ve added a step by step instructions for the recipe 👇👇👇
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊
You can also try 👇