Tandoori Pomfret is wholesome dish with rustic flavors. You can use any fish to make this dish. Salmon will also do great with this same ingredients (other fishes are bhetki,trout,cod, tilapia even shrimps,lobster and crab).
Pomfret is the mostly found in Asia Pacific coast regions.It is very popular in India, mainly in Maharashtra,Chennai and Goa.
Pomfret originated from the Portuguese word ‘pampo’. This sea fish has a single bone and are three types – black, silver and grey. They are typically prepared whole after the organs are removed. They are either fried,baked or steamed. Pomfrets have flat bodies and do not have strong flavors.
Tandoori Pomfret is very easy to make and that too without any effort. It will just take few easy steps to help you wear that Chefs hat. Interestingly,the fusion of spices and other ingredients help to accentuate the taste this dish to another level. So prepare this in dinner parties or Sunday branch We assure you your culinary skills will the next to talk in town.
Preparation time- 5-10 minutes
Cooking time- 20-25 minutes
- 4 Pomfret fish (you can use Salmon,Trout,Tilapia,Bhetki even shrimp and lobster)
- 3 tbs Tandoori masala (we have shared the link below)
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tbs mustard oil
- 2 tbs gram flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and whisk well
- Take the Pomfret fish (or the fish you are using) and add some gashes
- Add the marinade on the fish and deep into the gashes
- Grease a baking tray and line the fishes
- Bake the fish in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes on one side
- Take out the fish and flip and add the remaining marinade and again bake for 10 minutes
- At last grill the fish for 3 minutes on each side and it’s done
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe
Here is the link to tandoori masala
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us