Happy Makar Shankranti,it is a festival which takes place in the month of January,on the 15th.
Makara Sankranti or Maghi, is a festival day in the Hindi Calendar,dedicated to the deity Surya(sun). It marks the first day of the sun’s transit into Makara (Capricorn), marking the end of the month with the winter solstice and the start of longer days.
This recipe is actually dedicated to my Ma, who is the biggest sweet lover in the whole world according to me. When she visits a sweet shop the shopkeeper knows she is going to have a good sale that day😂😂😂😂.
Patishapta(crepes stuffed with sweetened, reduced milk), is a traditional dish which Bengalis make when first crops are harvested. We call it Poush shankranti.
It is a very delicious dish, which I tried to make on my own. And after successfully completing this recipe can’t wait to share this with all of you.
This has 2 important steps:
- The kheer (sweetened reduced milk) /mawa/khoya
- The Crepe
Time : 10-15 minutes
For step 1.
I’ve added the link description for KHEER👇
Now for step 2.
- 80 gm all purpose flour
- 30 gm semolina/rawa/sooji
- 30 gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250 ml milk
- 10 gms rice flour
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Now add the milk slowly and keep on whisking
- When you reach a runny consistency cover it and keep it for 30 minutes
- Now remove the cover
- If you see that the consistency is bit thickened add some more milk to it
- Now heat a pan and brush some oil on it
- Take half a laddle full of the batter
- Pour it on the pan
- Roll the pan so that the mixture spreads and gets a Crepe like texture
- Now put some kheer ( sweetened, reduced milk) in between
- With the help of flat head spoon roll the Crepe holding the filling inside.
- Repeat the process with rest of the batter
We’ve added a step by step video to make it more useful to you all👇
Enjoy this sweet recipe with all your friends and family and see the magic👇
Share this recipe and don’t forget to comment in the comment box below
Your comment always encourages us
- If you don’t have rice flour, don’t panic take some normal rice and grind it
- Don’t add any water to it or the crepes will not be perfect
- If you increase any quantity of any ingredient don’t forget to do the same to rest of the ingredients also