WHAT IS A PARATHA?
A paratha is a flat bread originated in South Asia,prevalent throughout areas of India,Sri Lanka,Nepal,Pakistan and Bangladesh where wheat is the traditional staple.Paratha us an amalgamation of words parat and atta,which literally means layers of cooked dough.
It can be made with both atta i.e wheat flour or with all purpose flour.In this dish we used all purpose flour.
We made a spicy stuffing of chicken mince and stuffed into the flour doughs. You can also use mutton keema / mutton mince.You can simply use boiled chicken and spices to make the stuffing or you can use some leftover kebabs 😋😋😋.The difference will be just in case of kebabs you will need less spices and in case of boiled chicken more spices.
Chicken stuffed inside the crisp bread is just something we need to make our weekend s special😉.So let’s start making chicken keema paratha/chicken stuffed fried flat bread 👇
Type- main course
Preparation time- 20-25 minutes
Cooking- 6-8 minutes
For the dough;
- 200 gm all purpose flour
- 1 cup hot water ( or as required)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbs oil
- 1.5 tsp sugar
Procedure:For the dough;
- In a bowl add the flour,salt and sugar
- Add the oil and evenly mix
- Now add the hot water and knead a fine dough (we needed almost 1 cup water)
- Cover and rest it for 30 minutes
For the keema /minced chicken filling;
- 150 gm boiled chicken or 150 gm leftover kebabs
- Salt to taste
- 100 roughly smashed potatoes
- 1/4 th cup chopped coriander leaves
- For boiled chicken spices required-1 tsp cumin powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1tsp red chilli powder along with 1 tsp chaat masala,1 tsp black salt and 1 tsp garam masala
- For left over kebabs users spices will be-1 tsp chaat masala,1 tsp garam masala,1 tsp black salt
For the keema/chicken mince filling
- 150 gm boiled chicken or left over kebabs
- Grind them in a chopper
- In a pan add 2 tbs oil
- Add the chicken mince and fry
- Add 2 tbs chopped onion and 100 gm boiled potatoes
- Roughly mash them
- If you are using leftover kebabs then add only – 1 tsp chaat masala,1 tsp garam masala,1 tsp black salt
- *If you use boiled chicken instead of kebabs then use – 1 tsp cumin powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1tsp red chilli powder along with 1 tsp chaat masala,1 tsp black salt and 1 tsp garam masala
- Add salt to taste and some chopped coriander leaves
- Allow it to cool
HOW TO PUT THE STUFFING INSIDE THE SMALL ROUNDELS?
- If you make 50gm roundel then you make a filling of almost 30 gm
- Flatten the roundel in very your palms or if you want you can roll out a bit
- Put the filling in the center and close from all the sides,twist the mouth to close it
- Pat it and keep aside
HOW TO ROLL OUT THE SMALL ROUNDELS?
- Roll the roundels in flour
- Pat off the extra flour
- Put it on the rolling area
- And roll and turn it 360 degrees
- Roll and turn it 360 degrees
- But keep in your mind don’t roll it to the extreme where it will tear
HOW TO FRY THE PARATHAS/ STUFFED FLAT BREAD?
- Add 2 tbs oil or clarified butter to a flat pan
- Heat it up and add the breads
- Fry until crisp and golden brown from both sides
- Put it on kitchen towel to remove extra oil
- And its done
- Serve it with green chutney or yoghurt chutney
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe for you 👇
Hope you like my new YouTube channel 😊
Serve it hot,and it really tastes amazing.
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊