‘Saboodana khichdi’ or Tapioca pearls tempered with cumin seeds and vegetables is a popular Indian dish.
It is mainly known as the fasting food and specially made on Navratri. It is very healthy and tasty also.
If you want to make free flowing,non sticky saboodana or tapioca pearls then there are some tricks which we are going to discuss in this blog.
Tapioca pearls or saboodana is such an item that if water is not used ideally then you will end up either into hard or into mushy dish.
Follow the ratio of water we used in our menu, like if you use 3/4 th cup saboodana or tapioca pearls then soak it in 1 cup of water. Increase or decrease the ratio as per this ratio. Soak for minimum 4-5 hours or best overnight,before soaking rinse at least twice in clean water,that all. Free flowing saboodana is ready to use.
So,let’s make saboodana khichdi or tempered tapioca pearls…in my style👇👇👇
Type- Breakfast,Snacks,kids special
Preparation time- 10-12 minutes
Cooking time- 20-25 minutes
- 3/4 th cup saboodana/tapioca pearls
- 1 cup water for soaking
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 potato diced
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp hing/asfoetida
- 1/4th cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 th cup peanuts
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl add the saboodana/tapioca pearls
- First wash them twice with water and drain the water
- For 3/4th cup saboodana/tapioca pearls add 1 cup water
- Cover and keep it for 4-5 hours or overnight
- It will puff up and become soft plus free flowing
- Now in a pan add 2-3 tbs oil
- Add 1/4 th cup peanuts and fry till golden and keep it aside
- Heat in on a medium flame
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds,5-6 curry leaves and 1 tsp chopped ginger and now mix it
- Now add 1 chopped potato until golden brown
- Add 1 small tomato chopped and cook till soft
- Add salt to taste
- Add 1 tsp cumin powder and mix
- Now add the saboodana/tapioca pearls and mix
- Add 2-3 chopped green chillies and mix
- At this point add the fried peanuts
- Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and its ready to serve
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
Hope you like our recipes 😊.
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊