‘Bottle gourd’ popularly known as ‘lau’ or ‘lauki’ in India. It’s a favorite summer dish of Bengali Cuisine.
This vegetable has a cooling quality for it’s water content. With this dish you can make curries,lentil soup (daal) and even you can save it’s skin to make fries that goes great with steamed rice with a spoon of ghee (clarified butter).
This bright green skin,is very tasty. Just peel the skin off,then cut it julienne cut and fry.
Let’s make Lau er khosa bhaja/Bottle gourd skin fried with potatoes 👇👇👇
Type- side dish
Preparation time- 10-15 minutes
Cooking time- 10-15 minutes
- 1 large potato or 2 medium potatoes cut in julienne
- 1 bottle gourd and its skin is peeled and the skin is cut into fine julienne
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp onion seeds (kalaunji or kalo jeere)
- 2-3 green chillies
- Cut the bottle gourd skin into fine julienne cut
- Cut potatoes also in fine julienne cut
- In a pan add 3 tbs mustard oil and add 1 tsp onion seeds/kalaunji/kalo jeere
- Add 2-3 green chillies fry them for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame
- Add the potatoes and fry for 3-5 minutes on a medium flame
- At this point add the bottle gourd skin
- Add salt to taste and 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Keep on frying for 12-15 minutes and its done
- The texture should be crisp brown
- Its done
- Enjoy this with steamed rice (Sada Bhaat)
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
Hope you like our recipes.
Don’t forget to like,share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊
Some of the bottle gourd recipe are👇👇👇