Peri Peri grilled chicken is one of the quickest and hastle free recipe,if you have that Peri Peri sauce handy.
The sauce is aslo super easy and apart from chicken you can use it alsmot every dish like if you make prawns,mutton,fish, potato.
And when these dishes get a prefix of the Peri Peri,your dish is already accepted and created interest in parties (specially potlucks😉)
We won’t go for long introduction for our dish,as from out ingredients section you came to know it will be quick and easy.
So,let’s start making Peri Peri grilled chicken with homemade Nando’s style Peri Peri sauce….in my style 👇👇👇
Type- Appetizer, Starter
Preparation time- 20 minutes ( for the sauce)+2-3 hours more marination
Cooking time- 45-50 minutes
- For the Peri Peri sauce- 8-10 whole red chillies,3-4 green chillies,2 inch ginger,2 tbs chopped garlic,2 tbs vinegar,2tbs mustard oil+1 tbs mustard oil (for preservation),salt to taste,1 tbs oregano,1 tbs paprika (kashmiri lal mirch),1 tbs garam masala,1/2 onion,juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 2 lbs chicken legs (put gash marks)
Procedure—-How to make Peri Peri sauce
- In a pan dry roast 8-10 whole red chillies,3-4 green chillies,2 inch ginger
- Take it out in a bowl
- In it add 2tbs chopped garlic,2 tbs vinegar
- Put it in a blender and add 2 tbs mustard oil,salt to taste,juice of 1 lime or lemon,1 tbs oregano
- In a gas oven directly roast 1/2 onion until you get the brown marks
- Cool it and add it in the blender
- Take it out and add 1 tbs mustard oil (it helps to preserve for weeks)
- Add 1 tbs garam masala and paprika (kashmiri lal mirch)
- And the Peri Peri sauce is ready to use
Procedure to make Peri Peri grilled chicken:
- Take 2 lb chicken legs (you can take any piece breast,legs or whole chicken)
- Add the Peri Peri sauce and marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours or overnight for the best result
- Now preheat the oven to 475F
- Bake the chicken for 18 minutes on one side
- After 18 minutes,take them out and flip and again bake for 18 minutes on another side
- Them change your baking mode to grill mode and grill on high for 5 minutes on each side
- That means we grilled for total of 10 minutes,5 minutes on each side
- And your Nando’s style Peri Peri chicken is ready
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel👇👇👇
Hope you like our recipes 😊
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe.
Encourage us by leaving your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊