Aloo Kabli/Aloo Chaat/Hot ‘n’ tangy potatoes is a famous street food of Kolkata.
No school is there in Kolkata,where you will not find these small mobile vans,where the vendor is always ready to sell fresh aloo Kabli/aloo chaat.
The smell hits you when,the vendor (Kaku) squeezes fresh lemon juice on the spices boiled potatoes. Its my all time favorite and whenever I feel nostalgic and want to enjoy the fond memories of childhood…I make some of these.
Let’s make Aloo Kabli/Aloo Chaat/ Hot’n’tangy potatoes 👇👇👇
Type- Snacks, Appetizer
Preparation time- 15-20 minutes
Cooking time- Actually mixing time 6-8 minutes
- 3-4 boiled potatoes cut into small slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp black salt (adjust accordingly)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Tamarind pulp 4-5 tbs mixed with 2-3 tbs water
- And the most vital spice ‘bhaja masala’ roasted and grind spices- 1 tbs coriander seeds,1tbs cumin seeds,4-5 whole red chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander or cilantro
- 3-4 green chillies chopped (adjust accordingly)
- Dry roast the spices for 4-5 minutes and allow it to cool and then grind it
- In a bowl add the potato slices
- Add the chopped onion, chopped tomatoes,chopped cucumber
- Add salt and black salt
- Add the tamarind
- Add 2-3 tbs bhaja masala / roasted and grind spices
- Add chopped green chillies
- Add chopped coriander/cilantro
- Mix them up until everything is coated with the spices and the tamarind pulp
- Always remember the Aloo kabli/aloo Chaat/hot and tangy potatoes must not be dry,it must be smothered with the tamarind pulp with the spices
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
We’ve also added the recipe for bhaja masala/dry roast and grind spices 👇👇👇
Hope you like the recipe 😊
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊